Sunday, March 04, 2007

pb+j rediscovered

when i was a kid growing up, my older brother scott would make my sister and me lunch, and he would always make our pb+j sandwiches without much pb and probably too much j. i hated those sandwiches. they stuck to my mouth and really had no redeeming qualities. ick.

well, anyway, i blame my longstanding dislike of pb+j sandwiches on scott- and i think he knows that he deserves that.

i have ever since avoided pb+j's; they just don't appeal to me.

well that's all different now.

recently, i had lunch with my friend tracy at her home, and i told her that i'd love to eat whatever she wanted to make. =)

she made soup and pb+j sandwiches.

she did ask if that would be okay, but since i had just stated that i would love to eat whatever she made, i thought it better to push myself than to be picky to my super sweet generous friend. besides, it's always good to push oneself to re-evaluate food preferences (and actually, all types of preferences).

well, she made me a gloriously yummy pb+j and i have been craving them ever since.

i've made myself two since then (one of which was devoured just moments ago), and i couldn't possibly imagine living my life without eating at least one a week until forever and a day.

i've missed a lot of lovely pb+j moments because of you, scott richard. i can't forgive you for this, so don't ask. =)

4 comments:

Lori said...

Just wait until you make a PB&J and then put it in the toaster oven. Lovely warm peanut butter goodness.

Anonymous said...

OMG - I thought I was the only one with PB&J horror. My brother made it so that we only could have grape jelly for about 10 years straight every day for lunch. Every day. I didn't eat PB&J at all for years. Now I can eat PB&J - they just can't be grape. So glad to know we have PB&J horror in common.

Anonymous said...

um... make your own sandwich?

Anonymous said...

LOL -- it's just as well I didn't know or we'dve had grilled cheese!

Ever try peanut butter and banana? Those are good too. :)