Tuesday, January 17, 2006

acura rsx 'institute'- hokey and lame

this is only interesting to me because i used to work on the Porsche business at CL.

this microsite pretty much insults my intelligence, and my bandwidth.

http://www.acura.com/rsxinstitute/

i like to wait an hour for everything to load slowly on my super fast connection.

what i saw most often on the site:








how about you talk down to me about your stupid 'analytics program' crap so that i never want to buy a car from you?

parking 101 quote- 'you may be able to drive the rsx, but can you take care of it?'

seriously!

i don't know which is worse, parking 101 or 'the rehab center'. you tell me.

also, i love to read huge blocks of text that tell me how great you are but have no relevance to me as a person/buyer/driver.

oh yeah, and the car really isn't all THAT.

* there is one interesting piece to this site. it has navigation like we (HAM) concepted for one of our clients but didn't get to build. it is displayed when you get to the site, then rolls up nice and neat into a small bar that says navigation, and you pull it out when you want to move into a different section. i like it.

** okay, a little piece of me feels guilty ripping this thing apart, cause the people who built it probably tried really hard, and were probably defeated by the bureacrocy at their agency, or i'm simply not their target audience. is there a target audience that likes to get talked down to, out there?

No comments: