Tuesday, April 25, 2006

cello update

so i played my cello for some people on saturday night (aaron and linda and rob) to get a sense for how it will be to play in front of people in my recital. i figured they were the safest bets, that they would all love me no matter how i sounded.

linda and rob loved me, but aaron was a little harsh. oh well. maybe i'm just sensitive.

'you're working on the technical stuff still right? i mean, you're not going to play it now [in front of people] are you?'

i guess i still have some work to do. i was feeling too good about my abilities anyway. back to work.

then, last night i tried to hobble my way through the unaccompanied bach piece that yo yo ma plays on the 'master and commander' soundtrack. he plays much better than i do, but i love that piece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan is mean

Anonymous said...

Actually no I can't leave that as it is. You are the sweetest coolest and kindest person I've ever met. I just forget sometimes.
I knew i shouldn'tve listened to you on the cello til the recital. You're gonna kick ass. and i love u just don't tell ANYbody i said so.

Anonymous said...

aaawwww, how sweet.