Sunday, August 13, 2006

conjunctivitis- unspecified

poor aaron. he was working on thursday and got a desperate call from me:

'buddy, i'm really scared. i think i hurt my eye and i want you to take me to the hospital to get it checked.'

so aaron got a ride home from someone and rushed a very nervous me to the hospital. he was freaked out, as was i, by an unusual red marking on my face.




















warren was my doctor, he was funny. he put some yellow flourescent stuff in my eye...




















... and said that i had scratched the white of my eye (i don't have the slightest idea what got into my eye, or how it got there- i was only watching tv all night). he said the unusual red marking was a blush reaction to the scratching. technically, the injury is called conjunctivitis- unspecified.















it's pretty scary when your eye get's hurt. you realize how much you depend on them and how easily they can be damaged.

i'm glad it wasn't serious. thanks for your help, warren.

1 comment:

squakk said...

The best part of the whole ER experience was all the life insurance jokes we made after the doc said everything was gonna be alright.

I hope people in other rooms were eavesdropping. You're hilarious.

And my best friend ofcourse.