Friday, July 08, 2005

a bad start, a great finish

i had a bad feeling about this day when, while watering my precious friends (most people call them plants), one of them took a trip down about 14 feet to the bottom of our stairway. It was the variegated jade, probably the one plant i have that could handle the fall the least.

After scraping him off of the stairs, apologizing profusely and replanting him, I crawled back into bed to confess my sins. I snuggled with buddy to try to fend off a bad day, and then crawled back out of bed and hoped for the best.

the best is what i got.

here is a quick description of the rest of my fabulous day:

  • i only needed about an hour on my laptop to square work away for the day.
  • the write-off i needed to get on behalf of my client was approved.
  • i met a friend for lunch, who surprised me by stating he was interested in hiring me. he listed all the things he liked about me (huge boost to my day, since the position would be exactly the kind of position i've envisioned for myself).
  • i stopped to see buddy at work to tell him my news.
  • i sent angela's graduation gift and tesia's birthday card out in the mail (finally).
  • i found out that i can get the pair of glasses that i was planning to get at the end of the year, whenever i want, instead of having to wait.
  • i dropped my cello off for repair (really fucking exciting- i'll get it back in a week!).
  • my brothers 'goodies' arrived- a network router, gameworks cards, and a pen drive (thanks scott!)
  • saire sent aaron and i very sweet 'thank you' cards that described her favorite parts of our trip, and our friendship (she included a check for her part of the trip- thanks saire!).
  • i talked to my mom on the phone (thanks mom!)
  • i received an invitation to a party for an old friend- proving he is still my friend despite a sticky situation that occurred.
  • aaron is making venison stew for dinner.
life is sweet today.

No comments: