Friday, July 22, 2005

Melody/CL couldn't have lasted forever, i guess

my boss, melody, is leaving carmichael lynch.

this makes me very sad because her leadership is a very large part of why i enjoy my job so much at CL.

there were tears yesterday.

it maybe seems dramatic, but if you met her just once, you would understand.

i have these hopes:
1. that she and i will keep in contact
2. that someday we will work together again
3. that i can rediscover her energetic 'brand' of leadership either in others around me or within myself
4. that CL doesn't start to suck without her
5. that she is very successful as an independant consultant

it seems that # 1 and # 5 are sure bets, # 2 and # 3 are good possibilities, and # 4 is the one that worries me the most.

thank you, melody, for everything you are.

No comments: