Tuesday, July 19, 2005

cello news

so i got my cello from the repair shop on saturday. i nervously pulled it out and began to tune it to my computer (the things you can do nowadays with some electricity). i also had to look up how to read the music again, spotted a few notes i recognized and the rest all just came back to me. the notes were slightly more gruff sounding than the last time i remember it, but they came back alright. =)

as i played through the one book i had stored in the back of the cello case, i was starting to plan for next steps (how often should i practice, was i really going to dig out all my sheet music or should i just buy more, could i afford a tutor, how much work would it take to be ready for a recital), when my newly rehaired bow popped and all the hair spilled all over my newly refurbished (and quite beautiful) cello.

bummer.

now i need to get that fixed before i can set my practice schedule in motion. oh well, i needed to get rosin from that store anyway.

No comments: