Sunday, September 09, 2007

demolition derby

can you believe it? a long time ago, someone decided it would be cool to put a bunch of cars in a dirt 'ring' together and have them smash into each other until only one of them was still running- that idea caught on fire (just like many of the cars do) and people now bring their children to see the spectacle!!

pictures:



video:


most fun ever!!!

the last time i went to a demolition derby, it was with my real father when i was a little girl.























it has all come full circle as i got to see other daddies enjoying this sport with THEIR little girls. how sweet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! You'll have to let me know when the next one of these are happening (I kind of thought nobody did them anymore) -- My daughter would love it!

Anonymous said...

If that's not the cutest kid photo, I don't know what is! You haven't changed a bit, Susan. My dad used to take me to the races all the time. My favorite part was always the demo derby at the end. Good 'ol Southern entertainment.