Wednesday, September 19, 2007

mr. rogers- amazing

this video is about 6 minutes long, but it's amazing. mr. rogers is trying to get money to help children, and the senate is outright laughing at him, jeering at him. the audience is snickering, but he is calm, steady, authentic.



it's been suggested to me that i often believe in what's possible to a fault. my friends have heard the story of how i returned to a stylist who gave me a bad haircut more than three times, resulting in 3 bad haircuts, all because i believed that the next time, she would figure it out and we would be golden.

and although my good friend forgot to check in on my kitty for a whole week while we were gone on vacation one time, i absolutely called her the next time i needed a sitter. i had to believe that she wanted to, and was able to take care of my punky brewster.

my friends laugh at these stories about me. i believe that things can work out for the better in so many situations and i'm so surprised each time they don't. i ask myself, is it crazy to believe that this person can succeed, or that this relationship can be rewarding, or that this company can improve? Is it crazy to believe things can be better?

watching mr. rogers breathes new life into that part of me. such strength and hope and courage. so amazing.

No comments: